Wednesday 27 February 2013

Car insurance saga!


Why is finding car insurance such a fiasco?! Based on a friend's recent Facebook update and a conversation that my boyfriend had with his insurance company, I know that I'm not alone in dreading organising this necessary evil! With hundreds of comparison websites all offering competitive deals it can seem like a bit of a minefield - particularly when you're quoted various prices for Insurer X across each site, despite having entered EXACTLY THE SAME INFORMATION! Humph! "So what's the solution, Fiona?", I hear you cry. Well, sadly, there is none - sorry. At least none that I could find. My only suggestion is to whittle your hours (and life) away trawling through the sites - try going direct to the insurer's website, as more often than not they'll quote you a cheaper premium than the comparison website - who would've thought?! Once you're at your wits end, you'll stumble across a little gem of a deal (and a gem is better than the rubies the other insurers were attempting to charge you for!) - and FINALLY (in my case!) you're insured on your very own (second-hand) first car!!! She's a little beauty, and fabulous to drive! Now I just need to name her...any suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. I feel your pain! After wasting hours of my life i decided to stick with my current insurer. I probably could have got it cheaper but I guess that's all part of their cunning plan?? How about the name Lou lou? :-) sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is a very nice car and i even though i don't believe in giving cars name how bout Gwendolyn Fairfax or just Gwendolyn after your massive starring role in The Importance Of Being Ernest

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sarah and David for visiting the site and your name suggestions for my car!

    Sarah, I hope you found a good deal on your car insurance! I'm sure once you have a couple of years No Claims Bonus, you'll find that quotes are cheaper and easier to find! xx

    ReplyDelete